The holiday season is finally here! And the holiday season means lots of good food and good company, so here is a crowd pleasing recipe to contribute to the food coma.
My mother-in-law is an amazing cook, and she gave me this quick recipe for the yummiest roasted potatoes. I’ve made them many times, and every single time, it’s the first dish to disappear from the table.
Note : Usually, my guiding principles for cooking are to use the least amount of oil and salt, but this recipe requires a bit more than that to bring out it’s full flavor. Go ahead and indulge for once!
ROASTED ROSEMARY POTATOES RECIPE
Serves : 6 (or 4 hungry people)
15-20 baby potatoes
2-3 sprigs of rosemary
2 tbsp olive oil
Sea Salt to taste
1. First microwave the potatoes to pre-cook them a bit and make them soft enough to cut. Don’t use the Potato setting on your microwave since this will cook them completely. I usually put in this quantity for about 4-5 mins
2. Run cold water on the potatoes and then slice them. The thinner your slices, the crispier they will be!
3. Heat the olive oil in a big pan. You want to make sure most of the potatoes get the surface area at the bottom of the pan so that they roast and don’t get soft.
4. Once the oil is hot, put the sliced potatoes in and stir frequently
5. Chop the rosemary into small pieces
6. Once the potatoes start browning, add the rosemary, sea salt and pepper. Note : It is important to salt the potatoes well, or you miss out on the real goodness of this dish.
7. Cook until the potatoes are as crisp and brown as you like them to be!
Enjoy as a side for brunch, lunch or dinner – potatoes are well-loved at any time of the day! Eat this while it’s hot and fresh!